Follow up questions:
- Have you googled the error to get more information? Can you summarize findings?
- Does your post above include the full error message? Any extra error lines that could be useful?
- Have you looked at the npm-debug.log for more information? Anything useful?
- What does your .drone.yml and package.json look like? It is critical to see this information to help debug.
When I see this error my first thought is that:
- You are hitting some sort of host machine os limit, such as a file descriptor limit
- You are using a shared volume or cache in your build configuration that could be subject to races or corruption? Providing your .drone.yml can help rule this out.
I would also suggest asking this question on stackoverflow which will have more npm and docker experts available to answer your question.
I will need to see your yaml to be certain, however, I do not believe there is anything we need to troubleshoot at the drone level, since drone is just starting docker containers and collecting the output using a series of commands, like this:
docker volume create workspace
docker run --v workspace:/drone node /bin/sh -c "git clone http://... /drone"
docker run --v workspace:/drone node /bin/sh -c "npm install"