How can I use Drone Enterprise for Free?

If you download the official Drone 1.0 image you will find you have downloaded a free trial of Drone Enterprise, with all of the enterprise features unlocked. This version of Drone provides very generous limits that most individuals and small teams will never reach. If you reach these limits you may need to purchase an Enterprise license (see drone.io/enterprise) if you do not qualify for free use.

Do I qualify for free use?

The good news is 99% of individuals and 95% of businesses worldwide qualify for free use. To qualify for free use you must meet the following criteria:

• If you work for a company with both gross annual revenue of less than (USD) $1 million and less than (USD) $5 million in debt or equity funding, Drone Enterprise is available free of charge.
  • If you work for a charity, educational institution or other non-commercial entity with gross annual revenue of less than (USD) $1 million, Drone Enterprise is available free of charge.
  • If you’re a hobbyist and you’re using Drone for non-commercial work, Drone Enterprise is available free of charge.

If you do not meet the above qualifications you will need to purchase an Enterprise License. The revenue generated from Enterprise License sales is what allows us (the core developers) to work on Drone full time and provide community support. Please support independent software developers!

How do I get a free, unlimited version of Drone?

If you exceed the free limits you will need to build from source with the appropriate compile time flags to remove the code that limits use. Again, most people will never reach these limits, and will therefore never need to compile from source.