I’m exploring replacing a home-grown CI/CD utility that has very similar functionality to this (modeled after Bitbucket’s Pipelines, actually) and I had some questions about functionality:
- Is it possible to limit the repos that show in Drone to a certain whitelist pattern? For example, I don’t want to see my personal repos in Drone, I only want to see my org repos. It looks like this was an enterprise feature in .8, and I saw a comment that it would be available for all in .9, but I don’t see this in 1.x
- It looks like builds can be kicked off by new tags based on an Event Trigger, am I correct?
- The current system we have will fire off Slack notifications for all builds automatically, it doesn’t have to be a part of the build steps - is there a way to do this in Drone? After much Googling, it seems my only option may be to write a custom Config Plugin that appends a Slack step to every pipeline if one doesn’t already exist; but I wanted to verify before I took a crash course in go and attempted my hand at it.
- Does Drone create a separate network stack for each build?
- Are there any easy ways of deploying code to Windows machines? Most of our apps are PHP web apps and unfortunately some of our internal servers are Windows Servers. Our current build system is able to use Samba/CIFS to mount the Windows shares and deploy to them from Linux. I see the ability to mount host volumes in the build containers, so maybe something similar can be done there?
I think that’s all for now, thanks!