- Version of Drone: latest docker image as of last week
- Github integration
- Kubernetes runner
--- kind: pipeline type: kubernetes name: default steps: - name: deploy-staging when: branch: - master image: node:latest commands: - bin/deploy.sh - name: validate-build when: event: - pull_request image: node:latest commands: - yarn build
What I’m trying to do:
- Run the step called “deploy-staging” if the branch is master
- Run ONLY the step called “validate-build” if the event is a PR.
What it does:
- On a branch that isn’t a PR and isn’t master, just clones and passes right away This is working correctly
- On a PR, source branch NOT named master of course, it runs both the deploy-staging and the validate-build step
Is there something wrong with what I’m doing here?
PS: I realize triggers could maybe be used to maybe prevent those extra “empty” builds from being made, but that’s not my main concern right now.