Drone 2.0 - Graph view inside pipeline always shown as sequential

I have just updated to the latest tag from Dockerhub and I have to say great work towards improving the UI!

The issue:

We use a Drone config consisting of separate pipelines but a graph configuration inside the pipeline.

We have many steps of the pipeline running in parallel but despite that they are being displayed sequentially in the graph view. In the screenshot for example frontend_test and frontend_build are running in parallel although not displayed as such.

This is a known limitation. We do not currently store any data in the drone database to render the pipeline steps as a graph (we do store graph data for stages, but not steps). We have an open pull request that adds the necessary fields to the database to store the step graph (see https://github.com/drone/drone/pull/3072) which would in turn make it available to the UI for correct rendering.

We also had to make changes to the runners to send this data to the server to persist. This change is already available in the latest version of the Docker runner.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll keep an eye on that PR!